Nathan R. Adams
Primary Practice Areas
• Business Law
• Estate Planning
• University of Florida- Levin College of Law
(LL.M. in Taxation, 2004)
• Wake Forest University School of Law
(J.D., Cum Laude, 1999)
• University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Nathan’s practice revolves, primarily, around representing closely-held businesses and their owners in both routine and non-routine matters, and providing estate planning advice and services to individuals with a wide range of needs, from drafting simple Wills to evaluating and implementing complicated estate plans
Admissions & Certifications
- Admitted to practice law in North Carolina in 1999
- Admitted to practice law in South Carolina in 2000
- Admitted to practice before the United States Tax Court in 2004
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Provides counsel to clients regarding tax and business matters.
- Assists individuals with creation and implementation of estate plans, including preparation of wills and trusts.
- Represents fiduciaries with respect to administration of estates, trusts and guardianships.
Honor & Awards
- Richard B. Stephens Scholarship (most outstanding student in the University of Florida- Levin College of Law Graduate Tax Program) (2004)
- Order of the Coif (1999)
- Member, Wake Forest University Law Review (1997-1999)
- Volunteer – Alamance County Teen Court
- Former Member of Board of Directors, Burlington First Presbyterian Church Foundation, Inc.
- Former Member of Board of Directors, Alamance County Meals on Wheels, Inc.
- Former Member of Board of Directors, Alamance County Historical Museum, Inc.
- Former Member of Board of Directors, United Way of Alamance County, Inc.
Working With Us
EXPERT LEGAL COUNSEL FOR BUSINESSES, NON‑PROFITS, AND FAMILIES
At Pittman & Steele, we sit with our clients, not across from them. We listen first, then speak. We work for our clients, not around them. Pittman & Steele takes the long view, investing in relationships and our local community. It’s not about parking spaces, dark suits, or thick documents. It’s about outcomes that position our clients for success. If your business, non-profit, or family needs expert legal counsel, we welcome the conversation.
If you would like to start the conversation, please contact us at 336.270.4440
Please note that we cannot represent you nor can we treat unsolicited information as confidential until we know that doing so will not create a conflict of interest. Accordingly, please DO NOT send information about any matter unless you have a written engagement letter from us stating that we represent you as a client.